APTo: Atom Probe Tomography, open-source
APTo has not been updated since the summer of 2009. The developer has moved onto other projects and has no time to
spare for this project. Other software has been written
since then -- and it may be worth checking it out as it is more complete. Check
APTo is open-source software designed to view, explore and analyse data obtained with the
3D Atom Probe.
It is completely free for you to download and use under the GPL license.
APTo is still work in progress. Keep this in mind and report
any issues you have with the software. For these reasons, new versions of APTo might be released often.
Keep checking this website to make sure that you have the latest release. Read more...
- Free and open-source
- Completely cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS, Linux)
- Requires low memory (about 75% of the *.pos file size)
- "Level of Details" and "Fastdraw" allow to visualise large datasets on small machines
- Dock widgets work great when you have two monitors (see Screenshots)
- Use your mouse to interact with the 3D visualiser and the histogram window
- More features...
- 09/2010 - This project has not been kept up to date, since the developer has been working on other projects
that do not involve Atom Probe Tomography. It may be worth checking out other software. See 3Depict.
- 07/2009 - We have been busy with other things lately! Apologies! Update will come in the next few months.
- 03/2009 - APTo v1.0 beta available for download